Setting up your IsatPhone Pro for Twitter
Link your IsatPhone Pro to your Twitter account
Twitter is available on IsatPhone Pro via its SMS functionality. Firstly, link your existing Twitter account by visiting twitter.com. Please note the shortcode to use for IsatPhone Pro is 898. If you do not have a Twitter account, you can set one up at twitter.com
Send a Tweet from IsatPhone Pro
Select message > sms and in the 'to' field, type 898, and Tweet away!
Enter our competition by Tweeting us @isatphonelive
Simply Tweet @isatphonelive on any subject (share experiences or Tweet about current events for example) and if it makes our top five Tweets between now until 21 September 2012, you will win a new vehicular antenna that allows you to use your IsatPhone Pro while on the move! We will be launching the antenna in July so watch this space for more details!
We will notify the five lucky winners by sending them a direct message to their Twitter account. Good luck!
Keep updated and in touch when travelling
You will find the Twitter on IsatPhone Pro very useful when travelling, for example receiving travel alerts from the embassy of the country you are travelling to, weather alerts through to keeping in touch with family and friends.
Simply send follow [username] to 898 and you will start to receive Tweets from that user on your phone. For other Twitter functions via SMS, please visit twitter
Cost of a Tweet
Cost of a Tweet is the same as your standard SMS charge.
IsatPhone Pro Twitter competition terms and conditions 2012:
- The competition period is from Monday 25 June until Friday 21 September 2012 inclusive (according to Greenwich Mean Time).
- The competition is open to IsatPhone Pro users only. Eligibility for the competition is at the sole discretion of Inmarsat. Employees of Inmarsat Global Limited (and its affiliates) and their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the competition are not eligible to enter.
- Participants must enter the competition as outlined below in order to be eligible to win prizes. By taking part in the competition, the winning participants agree to any publicity as Inmarsat may arrange in the event he/she is the prizewinner.
- Up to 5 Tweets @isatphonelive are permitted from one IsatPhone Pro SIM number during the competition period.
- There is one of 5 prizes to be won. The winners of the top 5 Tweets @isatphonelive sent from their IsatPhone Pro during the competition period will each win an IsatPhone Pro external antenna. To submit an entry, users must Tweet any experiences, Tweet about international events, anything they feel is positive and newsworthy @isatphonelive from their IsatPhone Pro during the competition period. Entries of a negative, political or competitor nature will not be considered as an entry, and will be removed from the Inmarsat twitter page.
- Users are responsible for setting up and linking their IsatPhone Pro to their individual twitter accounts. Please visit inmarsat.com/Tweet for further information on how to set up twitter on your IsatPhone Pro.
- As the winning entry is open to subjective interpretation the winning Tweets will be chosen by a panel that includes an independent judge.
- The five winners will be notified via @isatphonelive by replying to their winning Tweet. The winners will be sent a direct message asking for their address so that the prize can be sent to their address provided. The winners will be given one month’s notice to claim their prize, after notification. If that period has expired Inmarsat deserves the right to rescind the prize.
- The individual prize recipient must be over 18 years of age.
- The winner’s name and country will be available on request. Please contact Inmarsat email@example.com
- Where appropriate, the winner is responsible for declaring the prize won to the relevant tax authorities. Please contact an independent tax advisor if you have any queries, which will be at your own expense.
- In the event of a dispute, Inmarsat’s decision is final. Inmarsat reserves the right to:
- Refuse to award the prize for breach of these terms and conditions
- Amend the prize and timings of the competition
- Amend the terms and conditions at any time
- In the event that a winning entrant is unable to accept the prize, Inmarsat reserves the right to rescind the prize. No cash alternative will be offered.
- The individual prize recipient indemnifies and holds harmless Inmarsat against all claims, costs, injury, or damages arising, directly or otherwise, from the prize package awarded. The individual prize recipient is responsible for seeking and obtaining any desired personal insurance pertaining to the prize.